Confusing bail-out messages

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sun Oct 15 22:33:09 CEST 2006

On Sunday 15 October 2006 04:49, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> As usual, I fired up CMake without setting up my build environment properly,
> and got this:
>
> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> /usr/local/KDE4/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindQt4.cmake:1048:
> MESSAGE Qt qmake not found!
> Current CMake
> stack: /home/adridg/KDE/kdepim/CMakeLists.txt;/usr/local/share/CMake/Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake;/usr/local/share/CMake/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake;/usr/local/share/CMake/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake;/usr/local/KDE4/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake;/usr/local/KDE4/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindQt4.cmake

I have a CMake "wish" (in the official cmake bugzilla) for a simple EXIT() command.
So, I'd rewrite:
  MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "Qt qmake not found!")
as:
  MESSAGE(STATUS "Unable to locate Qt qmake.  Please check your Qt installation and/or execute PATH")
  EXIT(1)

the EXIT() command would not print the CMake stack or any other internals:  it would
simply  exit cmake with a status code.   Which I think is much more user friendly.