MSVC 2005

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Nov 7 16:05:44 CET 2006

Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to collect some experience with building KDE using MSVC and I
> fail so far, so I wonder if someone can help. I can build kdelibs using
> "NMake Makefiles" just fine, but it doesn't want to work at all if I create
> VS 2005 Project files.
>
> The main problem seems to me, that the .moc files generated are
> automatically added to the project while compiling so later VC tries to
> compile them on their own - which fails miserably for most of them (and if
> it succeeds it will get duplicated symbols).
>
> Is that a known problem?

Before two weeks I had no problems using the IDE.
But Alex is working on the auto_moc stuff, maybe he has broken it by accident.

With the attached patch the project files are correct, at least for libraries.
But it is just a hack, maybe there is a way to tell the IDE not to compile.moc
files, or we must exclude the .moc files from the source file list (as the patch)

Peter

> Greetings, Stephan
> P.S. This is my first mail using Outlook Express, I hope it works out :)

Looks like you've used a real mail program. ;)

> P.P.S. My main goal is to get a release of kpat for windows as a christmas
> present, so there is some time left to fix.

Peter Kümmel