MSVC 2005

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Tue Nov 7 08:34:48 CET 2006

Von: "Stephan Kulow" <coolo at kde.org>
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to collect some experience with building KDE using MSVC and I
> fail so far, so I wonder if someone can help. I can build kdelibs using
> "NMake Makefiles" just fine, but it doesn't want to work at all if I
> create
> VS 2005 Project files.
>
> The main problem seems to me, that the .moc files generated are
> automatically added to the project while compiling so later VC tries to
> compile them on their own - which fails miserably for most of them (and if
> it succeeds it will get duplicated symbols).
>
> Is that a known problem?

Welcome in the windows hell :)

As I last tried with msvc vcproj, cmake was at 2.4beta and it worked (I only had troubles everytime a .vcproj was updated because msvc sometimes did not noticed it). I never tried it with 2.4.3. But I've a qt3 project with KDE3_AUTOMOC() and there all works fine...

Maybe I take a look on it this evening.

> Greetings, Stephan
> P.S. This is my first mail using Outlook Express, I hope it works out :)
> P.P.S. My main goal is to get a release of kpat for windows as a christmas
> present, so there is some time left to fix.

Christian
--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl