RFC: automoc changes

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Sun Nov 5 20:48:50 CET 2006

Am Sonntag, 5. November 2006 13:48 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> BUT you now have to use the kde4_add_* functions.

Just being curious: If I want to develop a kde4 app/lib, is there any
compelling use case not to use the kde4_* macros?

Concerning the options, I'd simply expect the kde4_* macros perform everything
needed to compile and link my kde4 app/lib, so I'm in favour of an automatic
moc-step.

For the total amount of freedom, wouldn't it be possible to combine (1), (2)
and (3)? I. e. default to whatever KDE4_AUTOMOC say, *or* always use moc if
overridden by kde4_add_executable(kblub AUTOMOC ${mySrcs} ), *or* never use
moc if overriden by kde4_add_executable(kblah NO_AUTMOC ${myOtherSrcs} ).

mfg
	Leo

PS: I have close to zero experience with cmake, so it may be rubbish what I'm
suggesting.