duplicate cmake file between kde module.

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue May 30 23:03:22 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 10:16, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 30. Mai 2006 09:04 schrieb Laurent Montel:
> > For me move all into kdelibs is not a good idea, I don't think that all
> > guy want to upgrade all the time its kdelibs to have cmake check update,
> > and problem will arrive when we will create branche (kde-4.0/kde-4.1
> > etc... => need to duplicate file into branch)
>
> I think it's the only solution. People have to update kdelibs to get new
> file dialogs, why they shouldn't have to update kdelibs to get most recent
> KDE build system. And we'll have to duplicate so many things if we branch
> 4.1 from 4.0, what makes these configure checks different?

Maybe once they are detected as duplicated, add them to kdelibs (so that there
are three copies then), and remove the two other copies after some time (2 or
4 weeks, so that it can be expected that most developers will have updated
kdelibs anyway since then.
As long is kdelibs4_snapshot exists, the snapshot date will be the natural
choice to remove the duplicates.
Will the snapshot always exist ?

Bye