Stricter compatibility checking for GIF dependency

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Sun May 28 08:06:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 5/25/06, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
> I have a Kubuntu system where I installed the first GIF library I spotted --
> one called giflib3g. This passes the configure tests and installs
> a /usr/include/gif_lib.h but the library is not compatible with KHTML because
> it is missing GifFileType member UserData. Switching to libungif4 resolves
> that. Can a check for that member variable be added to kdelibs' configure
> checks to ail out before compilation?

      I just now faced this same problem and was about to post it to
the list but on checking the list in case I missed something, I found
this mail from Ade. Apparently installing libungif4-dev helped.
(Thanks Adriaan)

      For the sake of completeness, I am on a Dapper box. qt-copy is
the latest.And the svn information is :

kde-devel at trinity:~/kdelibs4_snapshot-build$ svn info ../kdelibs4_snapshot
Repository Root: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde
Repository UUID: 283d02a7-25f6-0310-bc7c-ecb5cbfe19da
Revision: 545680
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: mueller
Last Changed Rev: 544437
Last Changed Date: 2006-05-25 01:49:54 +0530 (Thu, 25 May 2006)
Properties Last Updated: 2006-05-28 10:05:19 +0530 (Sun, 28 May 2006)

         The wiki page about kde3to4 says nothing about this
libungif4-dev while it does mention about giflib3g. Perhaps we need to
add this information too on the wiki.

         Cheers!

Pradeepto
--