make clean and .la files

Volker Krause volker.krause at rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 23 11:47:36 CEST 2006

Hi,

I get a "FILE INSTALL cannot find file "foo.la" to install." on 'make install'
in case I did a 'make clean' before and cmake hasn't run in between.

If I understand correctly the problem is the following: The .la file are
generated by cmake (ie. while evaluating the kde4_install_libtool_file macro)
but removed by make. So, if cmake doesn't run after make clean, the .la files
aren't created again.

Generating the .la file with something like add_custom_command( foo.la COMMAND
echo bla > foo.la ) looks like a solution to me, but would this work on
windows as well?

regards
Volker