How to make CMake not forget the command-line parameters

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Sun May 21 18:39:30 CEST 2006

At 12:23 PM 5/21/2006, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>William A. Hoffman wrote:
>>If you do make rebuild_cache does it happen ?
>
>Yes:

OK, so maybe you can add some message("${CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER}") calls into the
toplevel cmake list file of kdelibs, and we can figure out which call
is doing this.  Let's make sure I understand what is going on:

1. from a clean build tree you run cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=foo
2. you grep for CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER and it is foo as expected
3. you do make rebuild_cache
4. you do grep for CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER and it is now /usr/bin/c++

Is that correct?  Can you also check  CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
to make sure it is consistent at all stages of the process.

-Bill

-Bill