parallel make again

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Thu May 18 22:36:21 CEST 2006

Hi!

There is a problem with the dependencies of the skel files and I have no idea
how to solve this correctly. Try this a couple of times:

  build/kdebase/apps/konsole/konsole> rm session*; makeobj -j

It will sometimes fail like this:

....Generating session.moc
Generating session.moc
Generating sessioniface.kidl
Generating sessioniface.kidl
Generating sessioniface_skel.cpp
ASSERT: "de.tagName() == "DCOP-IDL"" in
file /home/coolo/prod/kdelibs/dcop/dcopidl2cpp/main.cpp, line 106
make[2]: *** [apps/konsole/konsole/sessioniface_skel.cpp] Error 1
Generating sessioniface_skel.cpp
make[1]: *** [apps/konsole/konsole/CMakeFiles/kdeinit_konsole.dir/all] Error 2
Scanning dependencies of target konsolepart

As you can see: sessioniface.kidl is generated twice and only on one of them
one of sessioniface_skel.cpp waits, so the other one will overwrise the file.
I _guess_ the solution is to generate the .kidl and the _skel.cpp file
somewhere below CMakeFiles, but I have no idea how to fix this correctly.

Greetings, Stephan