C99

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu May 18 09:21:48 CEST 2006

Allen Winter wrote:
>A commit to phonon tonight into kdelibs contains a call to expf() which,
> according to my reading of the man page, is a C99 function.

It has to change.

>I was wondering if it makes any sense to add the -std=c++98 option to
> the g++ compiler options in  CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS
> (cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake)?
>
>... I mean since C99 doesn't seem to be a widely accepted standard for
> C++ yet?

The latest C++ standard is of 98. So C99 code in C++ is completely illegal
and unportable. Do not use it.

Besides, I think we're restricting ourselves to an earlier C++ standard
(90?).

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway