FindKDE(3,4) set -fno-execptions unconditionally

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Tue May 9 03:15:30 CEST 2006

Looking at the FindKDE module (cmake 2.4.1), exceptions are disabled
unconditionally.
I noticed that because I wanted to build an application which uses exceptions.
The old autotools build system tried to determine if execptions are
supported during configure time, at least I found these test in
acinclude.m4.in:
    KDE_CHECK_COMPILER_FLAG(fexceptions,
[USE_EXCEPTIONS="-fexceptions"], USE_EXCEPTIONS=       )

Shouldn't FindKDE do the same and determine this flag more dynamically?

Or is there an easy way how I can override this setting. Specifying
CXXFLAGS=-fexceptions or -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS does not help, because the
value of this variable is prepended and not appended, so
-fno-exceptions set in FindKDE is always used.

Cheers,
Michael