Installer for OSX (was Re: Please update: cmake 2.4.1 required for kdelibs trunk)

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Mon May 1 23:36:02 CEST 2006

On 5/1/06, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:

> Get it here:
>
> The windows installer is here:
> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.4/cmake-2.4.1-win32.exe
>
> The UNIX source is here:
> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.4/cmake-2.4.1.tar.gz

I've made a mac installer (with a universal binary version of CMake 2.4.1) here:

  http://kde.opendarwin.org/packages/cmake-2.4.1.zip

It's part of a larger-reaching goal to create kde4 binary snapshots
for Mac OS X, but... well... baby steps.  :)

For those who are wanting to do development on OSX, I've now got Qt4
(including qt-copy patches), a bunch of basic KDE deps ("kdesupport"
for lack of a better name) and CMake, all built as universal binaries,
with installers.  They're available at http://kde.opendarwin.org/ --
please try them out, and let me know if you see any problems.

Next up is to figure out how to get the KDE CMake bits to do universal
as well, and we'll be in business.