parallel compilation in the dashboards

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Mar 31 20:13:29 CEST 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 11:21, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 12:01 PM 3/31/2006, Matt Rogers wrote:

> >> If that is what is there, that is what it should be using.
> >> Can you describe what is happening?  If you want you can
> >> take it off the list and send the email to me directly,
> >> and we can post the result.
> >
> >the distributed compiler is used, but only one job is run at a time. it's
> > very much like the "-j4" parameter to make is not used or does not take
> > effect.
>
> You could try adding a -V -V to the ctest that runs this script, and check
> the extra output.
>
> -Bill

Apparently, MAKECOMMAND doesn't have a whole lot of effect on things. :)

snipped output below, full output until i stopped it at
http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/0FUlDL17.html

-- Build files have been written
to: /home/matt/kde/dashboard/continuous/kdelibs
 Size of output: 17K
Command exited with the value: 0
Build project
Run command: "/usr/bin/make" "-i"
   Each symbol represents 1024 bytes of output.
   '!' represents an error and '*' a warning.

Thanks for the support
--
Matt