make -k not working

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Mar 31 16:12:33 CEST 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 04:20, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >> Even without the flat build and starting compilation of the next
> >> target's sources while the current one hasn't finished linking (which
> >> means the compile farm starves for a while), cmake building of kdelibs
> >> is faster than the equivalent unsermake build.
> >
> >Really ?
> >Nice to hear :-)
> >Do you have numbers ?
>
> No, I don't have numbers. This is just feeling.
>
> I'll try to build now and will post the numbers.

the first dashboard runs i did took an average 45 minutes to compile. build
logs from kde 3.5 kdesvn-build runs said it took an average of 50 minutes to
compile kdelibs.

this is a bit like comparing apples to oranges, but hopefully it's close
enough for a good comparison.

the one thing that doesn't seem to be as fast with cmake is moc and uic
generation, but that is probably only my perception. :)
--
Matt