[FEATURE REQUEST] CMake and Colors

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Mar 30 22:51:06 CEST 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 11:28, Allen Winter wrote:
> Hi CMake Devs,
>
> Perhaps this should go direct to your project mailing list, but since I know you are here....
>
> There has been quite a number of folks asking for the colorful output that unsermake used to have.
> The colors were much, much less than what colorgcc[1] provides.
>
> I think this can be done easily in the build.make files... where you print "@echo Building ...." instead
> you'd print  "Building" with the appropriate escape sequences for a color (green).   Same kind of thing
> for "Generating" (blue) "Linking" (yellow), and "Installing" (cyan).  Oh, and in bold too.
>
> I'm sure the unsermake devs on this list can help provide the right escape sequences.
> But you can find them in kdenonbeta/unsermake/utilities.py.
>
> I hope you will consider implementing this request in your next cmake release.
>
> Regards,
> Allen
>
> [1] http://www.mindspring.com/~jamoyers/software

Good News!

I just got a note back from the CMake bugs system that Brad King has implemented
this feature request.  I assume it is now in the CVS cmake version.

Brad says "The feature is enabled when the project sets the variable CMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE to true
and the native tool supports vt100 color escape sequences."

Thus, I now request from the KDE cmake devs... please set(CMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE,true) in our
cmake stuff.

Regards,
Allen

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE