make -k not working

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Mar 29 21:01:40 CEST 2006

Brad King wrote:
>When a compilation error prevents some library A from building then any
>library B that depends on (links to) library A will not attempt to
>build.  Technically library B's object files could be built but library
>B could still not be linked under "make -k".

This is exactly what I want. It really isn't a problem when you have a
compile farm, but when you don't, you can launch a make -k build at
night, go to bed and in the next morning you fix what failed to build.
Hopefully, it will be quick to fix and you'd only need to link what came
afterwards the build.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway