"Please create a separate build directory and run 'cmake path_to_kdelibs [options]' there."

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Mar 29 19:21:01 CEST 2006

Hi,

today (after a week or so not trying to compile), I get this error:

  kdev4-[SCR]@horizon:~/KDE/build/kdelibs> cmake ../../kdelibs
  kdelibs requires an out of source build. Please create a separate build \
       directory and run 'cmake path_to_kdelibs [options]' there.
  -- Configuring done

I wasn't able to follow the list for any changes, so please bear with me if
I missed some obvious buildchange announcement.

But I'm definitely in (an even virgin) "out of source" build directory. The
source dir is also freshly checked out (into another virgin directory).

What could be causing this error? A mistake, where someone has erraneously
committed generated cmake files into SVN? Or something I'm doing wrong on
my part?

Cheers,
Kurt