RPATH again - different types of executables

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Wed Mar 29 09:13:11 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 14:33, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >Ok. What happens if a normal KDE GUI app is compiled as a console app ?
>
> I could be wrong, but I think this will cause Windows to open a shell
> window too.

I could be wrong (this was a long time ago I programmed Win32), but I thought
you could even create new GUI windows and such from a console mode
application, except that, as Thiago mentioned, you would also have the
console window opened.

But yes, on Win32 a GUI mode application is the default, and the console mode
applications are the exception.

Most KDE applications would be GUI mode.  Stuff like kde-config would be
console mode.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne