CMake doesn't find libxml2

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Mar 28 22:33:23 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 21:54, Maarten Th. Mulders wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> maybe my Googling-skills aren't developed good enough yet, but here is
> my question.
> I checked out KDElibs from CVS, but when running
>
> cmake -G"NMake Makefiles" ..\kdelibs -DGNUWIN32_DIR=D:/source/gnuwin32
>
> I get the following error:
>
> CMake Error: Could NOT find LibXml2
> -- Found LibXslt: D:/source/gnuwin32/lib/libxslt.lib
> Could NOT find GIF
> CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
> and cmake can not find them.
> Please set the following variables:
> LIBXML2_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)

Please set the CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH and CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH to additional
directories, where cmake will look for libs and headers.
This is not yet documented on the kde cmake wiki page and unfortunately the
kde-buildsystem mailing list archive is a bit hard to find.
Until now only libxml2 is searched this way, but I actually plan to convert
also all other windows-checks to this style. So you have to basically set
these two environment variables, and cmake should find everything.

Instead of setting the environment variables, you can also use
cmake -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=<your_path> -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=<your_path> to
tell cmake these dirs directly.

Bye