nightly and continuous build setups

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Mar 24 00:43:02 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 21:07, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 02:39 PM 3/23/2006, William A. Hoffman wrote:

> >>Most of the tests should fail though as they require a running  system, which
> >>you're unlikely to have on a dashboard installation.
> >
> >OK, maybe I should remove that.....   Although there should be a way
> >to run the tests from the dashboard.  It is sort of the point of having
> >a dashboard (to run tests)   Can anything be done about this, or do
> >you have to install to run the tests?

I fixed the katepart regression test to not run it when kdelibs isn't installed yet,
let's see if that was enough.

> http://public.kitware.com/KDE/Testing/Sites/matt.rogers.name/Linux-Archlinux-gcc4.0.3/20060323-1939-Continuous/BuildError.html

khtml's testregression is a rather special build, a developer tool in a way.
It shouldn't be built by default, but rather by a special target.
In the old buildsystem this would mean "make check" wouldn't build it,
but "make testregression" would. Can we do something similar with cmake?