qmake-qt4 vs. qmake vs. qmake-qt3

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Mar 22 23:31:45 CET 2006

> On Wednesday 22 March 2006 23:05, David Faure wrote:
> > >
> > > Why? My qt-copy doesn't create such an executable.
> >
> > Then it doesn't apply to you.
> >
> > > so it picks up the wrong Qt in any case as we need qt-copy ATM.
> >
> > Just put qt-copy/bin in your PATH?
>
> The proplem is if you have a Qt4 package from your distro that installs a
> qmake-qt4 and qt-copy/bin first in PATH it will still pick qmake-qt4 first,
> no?
> FIND_PROGRAM apparently first tries to find the first executable in all
> paths, only then it tries with the second...

Somehow I think it is not possible to guess which one is the right one.
If it would prefer qmake over qmake-qt4, other people might complain for which
qmake points to qmake-qt3 whereas qmake-qt4 would have been the Qt4-one...

It's no problem to change it back, but no matter which option we choose, there
will probably always be situations where the wrong one can be found.

Bye