Broken continuous build for KDE dash17.kitware/Linux-Debian-gcc4.1

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Mar 20 20:59:30 CET 2006

At 02:52 PM 3/20/2006, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>> However, I think I found the problem.  There were a bunch of generated
>> files .moc and .cpp.moc files in my source tree.  This is an out-of-source
>> build, and I never ran cmake in the source tree, so it must have been that
>> the cmake files in kdelibs where writing to the source tree at some point.
>> I will try and clean things up and see if it works.
>
>Yes, between 16th and 10th march they did. Should be fixed since yesterday.

OK, that explains the trouble.   Other folks with out of source builds, may
want to make sure there are no generated files in the source tree.  Also,
I am thinking that we might be able to add a check in CMake, so that if the
sourcedir != bindir, that cmake would produce a warning if a configure_file,
or custom_command attempted to write to sourcedir.

The Nightly seems to be going much better now.  About qt-copy, should I be
updating that with each build?

-Bill