New KDE CMake Release 2.3.4

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 07:20:22 CET 2006

On 3/17/06, William A. Hoffman <billlist at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> I have created a new kde CMake release, it can be found here:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.3/cmake-2.3.4-20060317-win32.exe
> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.3/cmake-2.3.4-20060317.tar.gz
>
> You should be able to use the windows binary, and avoid having
> to build CMake on windows.   I have also tagged the CMake repository with
> CMake-2-3-4-kde, if you want to use a cvs version of cmake, you can use that tag.
> The .tar.gz file is a unix line feed tar ball.   The .exe is a windows
> installer. Please let me know if there are any issues.
>
> We are working on the official CMake 2.4 release, so please report
> bugs soon, so we can get the fixes into the official release.  Thanks.

With the given tarball it's not possible to build KDE3 applications.
KDE3Macros.cmake includes MacroLibrary.cmake which in turn depends on
several other files. These files can be found in trunk/KDE/libs/cmake.
Is CMake 2.4. supposed to bring full support for compiling KDE3
applications or is it intentional that these files are not shipped
together with KDE3Macros.cmake?

Regards,
Michael