Build problems with cmake / msvc2005

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 18:19:22 CET 2006

> Why do these problems raise up once more?
> What's the problem to build & install kdewin32 *before* starting with
> kdelibs4?

 My problem was not to type "make && make install"  for kdewin32. I usually
read the installation instruction and they clearly said so.
The problem I had was, that FindKDEWin32.cmake looks for the library
kdewin32.lib while by default the debug version is built and installed. So
either the documentation should be updated, that kdelibs/win should be built
with "Release" or "RelWithDebInfo" or FindKDEWin32 should look for
kdewin32.lib and kdewin32d.lib

We should move kdewin to antoher place asap to not bring up this
> discussion every month... nay ideas? kdesupport?

Michael