Build problems with cmake / msvc2005

Michael Drüing michael at drueing.de
Fri Mar 17 10:41:05 CET 2006

Hi,

> On 3/17/06, Michael Drüing <michael at drueing.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > - cmake -G"NMake Makefiles" ..\kdelibs failed. It couldn't find the
> > > kdewin32 lib. The problem was, that it looked for a lib called
> > > kdewin32.lib, while by default the debug version is built which is
> > > called kdewin32d.lib.
> >
> > I have the same problem. However I built both the "Debug" and
> > "RelWithDebInfo" builds, so I definitely have both kdewin32.lib and
> > kdewin32d.lib (and corersponding *.dll's)
> > Still CMakeSetup for kdelibs/ tells me "You need to build kdewin32
first".
> > The libs are right there under it's nose, it just needs to look inside
> > "win/" ;-)
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> I used this batch file to set the correct paths inside a VS 2005 command
prompt
> <<<<
> @echo off
> set OLDPATH=%PATH%
> set QTDIR=C:\Programme\qt- win-opensource-src-4.1.1
> set CMAKE_DIR=C:\Programme\Develop\CMake
> set
PATH=%OLDPATH%;%QTDIR%\bin;%CMAKE_DIR%\bin;C:\Programme\gnuwin32\bin;C:\Prog
ramme\kdewin32\bin
> <<<<
> A "make install" in kdelibs/win will install the files to
C:\Programme\kdewin32
> (resp. C:\Program Files\kdewin32) by default. If you chose another path,
adapt
> it accordingly.

This is what I tried first, i.e. setting the PATH to include d:\kde4\bin
(where I want kde). I even set %LIBPATH% to include d:\kde4\lib, both
without success. I don't find anything helpful in the cmake logfiles but it
seems that cmake searches for the lib files only in c:\program
files\kdewin32 and not in $BUILDDIR/win (see findkdewin32.cmake). This did
work correctly some time ago, so I guess it's a regression. CMake should at
least also search in $BUILDDIR/win

--Michael