Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Mar 15 18:53:59 CET 2006

William A. Hoffman wrote:
>At 11:20 AM 3/15/2006, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>Is there any chance that make -jN will start N compilation jobs, but
>> only 1 linking job or moc job at most?
>>
>>This is one big feature that is missing from cmake and I don't think it
>>can be implemented with *make*. We'd have to switch away from make.
>
>There is a way to do 1 linking job with make, and we have talked about
> how to do it.  I did not realize that one moc job was a problem as
> well? Why do you only want one moc job at a time?

Because we can distribute the compilation, but we cannot distribute
moc'ing or uic'ing. Anything that is not "gcc" or "g++" cannot be
distributed to the compile farm.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway