Status of cmake into kde

Alex Caudill erudified at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 19:31:06 CET 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kümmel [mailto:syntheticpp at gmx.net]
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 12:14 PM
To: kde-buildsystem at kde.org
Subject: Re: Status of cmake into kde

Alex Caudill wrote:
>> Could anyone comment on the steps taken to build kdelibs with msvc?
>>

> Here on the list, for "personal use" only? :)
> Were are the places of documentation, svn and a wiki?
> Peter

I'm not a very good programmer, but I have a few fairly snappy machines here
and I'd like to help out and learn a bit. I'm a half-decent writer, so maybe
I could make some contributions to the wiki? Where is it located? I've
documented the steps I've taken so far... sorry if the formatting is
horrible. This may be wildly different than the process you guys use, the
most successful build I've had so far had over 100 errors, and more than
1000 warnings.

Is this the right list, or should I post to kde-windows?

Prerequisites: Visual Studio 2005
		   GNUWin32:
 	 	      bzip2, zlib, libxml, libxslt, openssl, pcre, giflib,
jpeg
		   An implementation of perl: Cygwin, MinGW, or ActivePerl.
		   I'm (trying to) use ActivePerl.

Step 1.) Download qt-win-opensource-4.1.1.zip and Qt/4.1.x MSVC patch

Step 2.) Apply patch to Qt; qconfigure msvc2005

Step 3.) Set the QTDIR environmental variable. Add %QTDIR%/bin to your PATH.

Step 4.) Acquire a stable build of CMake (for bootstrapping) and latest
CMake CVS.

Step 5.) Build cmake CVS (run stable cmakesetup, load the resultant project
file in VS, consult documentation)

Step 6.) Acquire latest SVN of KDELibs (I suggest using tortoisesvn)

Step 7.) cd kdelibs/cmake ; cmakesetup.exe ; load .proj files, build

Step 8.) in kdelibs root: cmakesetup.exe ; load .proj files, build

Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance!