KDE_DEPRECATED

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Mar 10 19:04:25 CET 2006

Brad King schrieb:
> Peter Kuemmel wrote:
>> */Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>/* wrote:
>>     I've found that a KDE_DEPRECATED-style macro is insufficient across
>>     compilers. Some compilers want the decoration before the method and
>>     some want it after the method. In VTK I created a "VTK_LEGACY" macro
>>     that surrounds the method declaration.
>>
>> If we really need both positions then we could support this by
>> using two macros:
>>
>> KDE_DEPRECATED_PRE void foo() KDE_DEPRECATED_POST
>>
>> or
>>
>> KDE_DEPRECATED_PRE
>> void foo()
>> KDE_DEPRECATED_POST
>>
>> So we could find a macro solution for all compiler.
>
> ...as against just
>
> KDE_DEPRECATED(void foo());
>
> with my suggestion.
This could be an idea but in the last discussion I heard something like
'we support the same compiler like Qt and therefor we also could use the
same deprecated-macro' ...

In which places is KDE_DEPRECATED used? Only kdelibs? I won't break the
complete kde4 source when I change kde_deprecated in any way... :)

Christian