mingw status

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sat Mar 4 18:24:28 CET 2006

Ralf Habacker wrote:
>> It's the only(?) simple alternative we have
>> to the inline solution.
>>
>> But then we must move all the relevant
>> kjs_binding.cpp code into a extra file which
>> will build into the additional shared library.
>>
> Why ? If you define KDE_USTRING_EXPORT for the methods located in
> libkhtml when compiling to dllexport,  than any functon in libkhtml
> which requires any of this function will look for a symbol in the recent
> library not for an external in the kjs library. This is what the
> test-kjs.patch does, or does I have misunderstand something important ?

Next time when I compile with mingw I'll give it a try.
And you are right, I also don't see a reason why it should not work.

But this solution introduces a additional shared library and
this is the reason I don't like very much.

> The *.ii files in the testcase shows how the export definition of single
> UString members looks.
>
>> Isn't it simpler just to inline for all compilers?
>> It also gives us a little speed-up.
>>
> I don't know about the reasons, why they are defined in kjs_binding.cpp

As I understand it, the reasons for these functions are to help the kde
development but also avoids the binding to Qt when compiled at Apple.

> About how many functions are we talking ?

See the attached file which contains all the inline code and which
I forgot to post with the last patch.

Peter