mingw status

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Mar 4 15:22:31 CET 2006

Peter Kümmel schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>> Can you send a patch for the second solution that I can give it a try ?
>> Ralf
>>

> Attached the patch, it's not perfect - especially the macro naming.
>   Peter

There is an alternative approach in test-kjs.patch.

The appended testcase shows that mingw is able to deal with this stuff
in an easy way. The only thing to do is to prepend a KDE_USTRING_EXPORT
define to methods, which are not implemented in kjs.  May be this name
isn't a god choice and could be easly changed.

Please unpack the test.zip archive into kdelibs, make sure, kjs lib is
build and run make in the test dir.  Then you have a local libhtmk.dll,
which implements Ustring methods and an exe which uses kjs and local lib
provided UString methods.

Any comments ?

Ralf