Fwd: KDE/kdebase/libkonq

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Mar 2 20:38:44 CET 2006

On Thursday 02 March 2006 20:13, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> What I meant was that the author of an application outside kdelibs should
> remember to add QtCore, kdecore, kdeui, etc. to his own dependency list.

And I disagree; this only makes it more difficult for people.
If I write a kde app I should only have to specify the top of the dependency chain
(e.g. $(LIB_KIO) if I use kio, $(LIB_KPARTS) if I use kparts), without having to
care that this in turn needs kdecore and kdeui (ok I could guess those),
but do I also need to remember that it includes e.g. kdefx???
You can be sure that people will keep forgetting one or the other of the
various libs that they need. OTOH with the planned kdelibs reorganization
we'll certainly have less libs than before so the problem will be somewhat
reduced.