2 cmake build problems: (2) kdelibs4_snapshot

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Mar 1 23:41:55 CET 2006

hi-ho,

second problem, this one with kdelibs4_snapshot.

I have

- completely up to date qt-copy (where srcdir == builddir != installdir)
- completely up to date kdelibs4_snapshot (where srcdir != builddir)
- nuked builddir before building
- completely up to date cmake from CVS

Something is fishy with the kdelibs4_snapshot *installation* (or so I
think). Here are the steps I followed (several times already, since
yesterday, with about 1 dozen cvs/svn updates of each component during
that time):

Build completes with no error, "make install" also without error. Going
on to build kdebase/trunk (with unsermake), I get this error:

   [SCR]@horizon:~/src/kde40svn/trunk/KDE/build/kdebase> unsermake -p
   01% creating ./libkonq/konq_undo.kidl
   Can't open perl script "/opt/kde40svn/share/config/dcopidl/kalyptus": No such file or directory
   Error creating ./libkonq/konq_undo.kidl. Exit status 1.

Looks like kdelibs4_snapshot installation didnt install that "kalyptus"
script. And indeed, not any "dcopidl" subdir at all in the named
"/opt/kde40svn/share/config/"

Going back to kdelibs4_snapshot build directory:

 - from top kdelibs4_snapshot build directory, "make" finishes without
   error, and "sudo make install" also does not show any error;
 - "cd dcop/dcopidlng ; make" finishes without error (dfaure told me
   in IRC it is all Perl, so no wonder :)
 - but "cd dcop/dcopidlng ; sudo make install" gives this error:
   [....]
   make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kdev4/src/kde40svn/trunk/KDE/build/kdelibs4_snapshot'
   make -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 preinstall
   make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kdev4/src/kde40svn/trunk/KDE/build/kdelibs4_snapshot/dcop/dcopidlng'
   make[1]: CMakeFiles/Makefile2: No such file or directory
   make[1]: *** No rule to make target `CMakeFiles/Makefile2'.  Stop.

Cheers,
Kurt