cmake and RPATH

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Mar 1 21:42:20 CET 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 19:55, Brad King wrote:
> option(KDE4_BUILD_FOR_DEVELOPER "Enable running from build tree." OFF)
> if(NOT KDE4_BUILD_FOR_DEVELOPER)
>     set(CMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH 1)
> endif(NOT KDE4_BUILD_FOR_DEVELOPER)
>
> then users who build and install KDE will not have to do anything
> special and the installed binaries will have the proper install-tree
> rpath.  Developers who wish to have the option of running from the build
> tree may enable this option at the expense of requiring the automatic
> relinking before installation.

This means if I want to be able to run unit tests, my "make install" will
be slow as hell? This doesn't sound good :(

Unit tests are programs which -always- run from the build tree (and only from there).
Maybe we need a way to flag "those programs should have builddir-rpaths"
even when the above option is set?