moving FindKDE4.cmake to cmake cvs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Mar 1 19:44:19 CET 2006

Hi,

ideally every developer who wants to use KDE4 would only have to install cmake
and with this have everything available for compiling kde software.
This would mean that FindKDE4.cmake and KDE4Macros.cmake would have to move to
cmake cvs.

But this is not really possible, since we will still have to work a lot on
them at least until 4.0 will be released, probably until KDE 5.0 is
released :-)

So, when kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindKDE4.cmake can't be moved to cmake cvs,
every software which wants to use kde4 libs needs a way to find the kde4
cmake files. This cmake module should ideally also be named FindKDE4.cmake.
Having two cmake modules with the same name doesn't work.

So I suggest to rename kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindKDE4.cmake to
kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake (or something like this).

Additionally kdebase/cmake/modules/FindKDE4xxx.cmake should be renamed to
FindKDE4.cmake. This file will have to be kept very minimal. This will make
it possible to move it to cmake cvs without problems. This means the only
things it may contain is functionality to find the FindKDE4Internal.cmake
file installed by kdelibs.

Then all software (except kdelibs) can simply do
find_package(KDE4) and be done with it.

What do you think about this ?

Bye