windows build

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Jun 27 17:29:44 CEST 2006

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Peter Kümmel wrote:
>> To fix the linker error we just have to show
>> the compiler qdbusmessage.h and all is fine.
>
> This is wrong too. What happens when the next class inheriting from
> QList<QVariant> shows up?

I know, but it is the best and simplest what we can do at the moment.

When there will be a next class inheriting from QList<QVariant>
and we must link against both libs, then we have to assure that
there is only one instantiation. But this will not influence the
files which already include qdbusmessage.h because you don't
need to tell the compiler twice not to instantiate QList<QVariant>.

> According to our developers, the problem is that I'm exporting it in
> QDBusMessage and there's probably a way of hiding that (probably by
> removing inlines).

Avoiding the exporting of the instantiation is clearly the best way,
but I don't know how to do this.