windows build

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Mon Jun 26 22:37:45 CEST 2006

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Peter Kümmel wrote:
>> +#ifdef Q_OS_WIN
>> +template class QDBUS_EXPORT  QList<QVariant>;
>> +#endif
>
> Shouldn't this be Q_CORE_EXPORT?

The file is part of qt-dbus and I don't think qtdbus
does anything know from kdelibs/Q_CORE_EXPORT.

I've compared the code with the kio/kio/global.h
and there it is exported with KDE_EXPORT:

#ifdef Q_OS_WIN
template class KDE_EXPORT QMap<QString, QString>;
#endif

(I wonder a little bit why it is not exported by
KIO_EXPORT.)

It seems the logic is like this: when building
qt-dbus msvc exports  QList<QVariant> which we
can't suppress, so we have to tell the other
code that qt-dbus exports the instantiation.

I've not tested it but I'm very confident.

Peter