Finding qmake

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Fri Jun 23 17:17:09 CEST 2006

On Friday June 23 2006 11:05, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I contacted him, but he wouldn't provide me with any
> > justification.
>
> Privately or to kde-commits ? Please reply privately if it is important.

I contacted you privately.

> No, not the people who have an up-to-date qt-copy qmake but an
> not-recent-enough qmake-qt4 from debian.
> Some people complained and will complain that qmake-qt4 is found although
> that one is from the installed Qt4 which is too old instead of the qmake
> installed from qt-copy which is always named qmake.

Ah, I understand. That's a valid point. Ok, I kowtow, nothing to see here...

> This should not happen. The exact name is QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE, maybe it was
> just a typo on your side ?

I figured out the correct name, and will post back if I witness that problem
again.

> I really think there is no way to deal with all possible combinations of
> Qt3 qmake, Qt4 qmake, Qt4 qmake-qt4 and qt-copy qmake autmatically correct.

Yeah, well the ideal solution would be to search based on PATH precedence
first and then to give precedence to qmake-qt4 over qmake. But currently
cmake gives priority first to filename and then to PATH precedence.