Problem in KDEEDU with OpenBabel2

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Sat Jun 10 16:01:22 CEST 2006

Hi

In Kalzium I want to enable a certain feature if OpenBabel2 is found. As you
can see here

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeedu/cmake/modules/

I (well, Alex did it to be honest) created a cmake-file and put it in the
correct place. I modified the CMakeLists.txt-file to look like this

<snip>
project(kdeedu)

set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake/modules )

# search packages used by KDE
find_package(KDE4 REQUIRED)
include (KDE4Defaults)
include (MacroLibrary)
include (FindQtDBus)
macro_optional_find_package(BoostPython)
macro_optional_find_package(OpenBabel2)               <---------- Look here

# are these two really required ?
find_package(ZLIB REQUIRED)
if (APPLE)
   find_package(Carbon REQUIRED)
endif (APPLE)

add_definitions (${QT_DEFINITIONS} ${KDE4_DEFINITIONS} -DHAVE_CONFIG_H=1)
</snip>

This gives me this error when trying to configure kdeedu:

kde4 at helium:~/build/kdeedu$
cmake -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/kde4/.kde4 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull /home/carsten/svn/trunk/kdeedu/
-- Found Qt-Version 4.1.3
-- Found KDE4 include dir: /home/kde4/.kde4/include
-- Found KDE4 library dir: /home/kde4/.kde4/lib
-- Found KDE4 kconfig_compiler
preprocessor: /home/kde4/.kde4/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- This is a SVN repository
-- Using Buildname: Linux-c++
CMake Error: OpenBabel2_DIR is not set.  It must be set to the directory
containing OpenBabel2Config.cmake in order to use OpenBabel2.
-- Configuring done

I googles for this error and found references even from 2003 but no solution
for me. I have not the slightest idea about how to fix this error. The
closest thing I found is this

http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Documentation.html , paragraph: "FIND_PACKAGE: Load
settings for an external project."

But that doesn't help either.