KDE/kdepimlibs/kabc/kab

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Jul 20 20:47:58 CEST 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 11:12, Laurent Montel wrote:
> On Thursday 20 July 2006 15:30, Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Thursday 20 July 2006 09:22, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > > SVN commit 564561 by mlaurent:
> > >
> > > bin->${BIN_INSTALL_DIR}
> >
> > Laurent,
> >
> > These kind of fixes imply that we need a "lint" for CMakeLists.txt.
>
> a "lint" ?
> what means 'lint' ?

From the lint man page:
"The lint utility attempts to detect features of the named C program files
that are likely to be bugs, to be non-portable, or to be wasteful.  It
also performs stricter type checking than does the C compiler. "

> > Do you have a script that you are running to find these problems?
> > Should we write one?
>

> Just it. Not perfect I think but now all is fixed.
>
> find -name CMakeLists.txt | xargs grep -l " DESTINATION bin"  | xargs
> perl -pi -e 's! DESTINATION bin! DESTINATION \${BIN_INSTALL_DIR}!

Attached is an initial attempt at a 'cmakelint' command.  If we make it much
better we could put it in kdesdk/scripts.  Let me know about other things
to check for in CMakeLists.txt files and I will add it to the program.
If you think this is useful.

-Allen

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE