patch: c/cxxflags for static libraries

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jul 17 19:41:54 CEST 2006

Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Monday 17 July 2006 18:33, Simon Hausmann wrote:

>>> Building convenience libs is not supported out-of-the-box by cmake.
>>> What should we drop ?
>> Well, STATIC seems to work out of the box as keyword for kde4_add_library.
>
> Ah, it seems that is not supported on all platforms. Okay, great, that solves
> the issue, STATIC must not be used in KDE then as it's not portable.

For plain old ADD_LIBRARY, the STATIC option works on all platforms to
create a static library.  What is not supported is the "convenience"
part that allows multiple static libraries to be "linked" to form a
bigger static library, or all the objects in a static archive to be
copied into a shared library whether they are referenced or not.

I don't know about kde4_add_library though.

-Brad