Problems building cmake cvs with mingw

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Jan 31 23:06:28 CET 2006

A Dimarts 31 Gener 2006 23:01, Brad King va escriure:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > i do
> > CC=ming32-gcc CXX=mingw32-g++ ./configure and get that results
> >
> > OUTPUT is normal output
> > OUTPUT2 is compilation error
>
> Thanks for the detailed report.  I don't think anyone has ever tried to
> bootstrap CMake on MinGW before.  In fact almost no-one builds CMake on
> windows at all (except under Cygwin).  Usually people just use the CMake
> windows binary installer because the CMake it installs supports building
> other projects on MinGW.  Since you KDE folks need the CVS version of
> CMake you obviously need to build it.  I'll work on getting it to
> bootstrap with MinGW.
>
> Meanwhile you can try the KDE development release of CMake mentioned
> here (use the windows installer):

Well, i tried that before but it was looking for cl instead of for mingw

 $ cmake ../kdelibs
 -- Check for working C compiler: cl
 -- Check for working C compiler: cl -- broken
 The C compiler "cl" is not able to compile a simple test program.
 It fails with the following output:

 CMaile will not be able to correctly generate thsi prohject.
 -- Configuring done

is there a way to tell it to it i want to use mingw?

Albert