Problems building cmake cvs with mingw

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jan 31 23:01:58 CET 2006

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> i do
> CC=ming32-gcc CXX=mingw32-g++ ./configure and get that results
>
> OUTPUT is normal output
> OUTPUT2 is compilation error

Thanks for the detailed report.  I don't think anyone has ever tried to
bootstrap CMake on MinGW before.  In fact almost no-one builds CMake on
windows at all (except under Cygwin).  Usually people just use the CMake
windows binary installer because the CMake it installs supports building
other projects on MinGW.  Since you KDE folks need the CVS version of
CMake you obviously need to build it.  I'll work on getting it to
bootstrap with MinGW.

Meanwhile you can try the KDE development release of CMake mentioned
here (use the windows installer):