dependency problem with kdewin32.lib

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Jan 31 19:03:53 CET 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 18:13, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of my current problems is the dependency of kdewin32 from kdelibs.
> Bksys (or any other buildsystem) can't check for functions declared
> inside this lib because it isn't build yet. Is there a way to compile
> (and install?) this lib before configuration starts?

yesterday I had a quick look at this directory and had the same impression.
After some thinking about it I see only two alternatives:

1) either special-case all the configure checking when building kdelibs on
windows, and just know that the stuff is available in kdelibs/win/

2) build and install kdelibs/win/ explicitely before kdelibs/, and then
configure and build kdelibs/ as usual. (i.e. kdelibs/win/ would be more like
kdesupport/ )

( 3) Try to implement something in the build system which first builds, the
checks, then builds again ...not really)

I'd vote for option two, sounds better to me than too much special handling.

Bye