cmake/modules + x86_64

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jan 30 16:51:07 CET 2006

Laurent Montel wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2006 16:21, Brad King wrote:
>>It should be something like
>>
>>install_targets(${kde_install_lib_dir} ...)
>
> yes.
>
>>and then the variable can be set appropriately in one place.
>
> is it a way to say (as in configure) --libsuffix=64
> => concat lib + <number>
>  ?

The authors of the KDE CMake code can choose whatever interface is
desired.  For example, one could do

SET(kde_install_lib_dir /lib${kde_libsuffix})

and then the user could add

-Dkde_libsuffix:STRING=64

to the command line when calling CMake.  Other interfaces are possible
also.  I suggest allowing the user to explicitly set the install location:

IF(NOT kde_install_lib_dir)
   SET(kde_install_lib_dir /lib)
ENDIF(NOT kde_install_lib_dir)

Then the user could put

-Dkde_install_lib_dir:STRING=/lib64

on the command line when calling CMake the first time.  That would add a
cache entry allowing the option to be changed from the GUI later.

-Brad