cmake/modules + x86_64

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Jan 29 15:04:21 CET 2006

On Sunday 29 January 2006 14:55, you wrote:
> Hi,
> For the moment I didn't test compile under x86_64
> but into all your module you search into /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib
> but not into /usr/lib64
> Mandriva  and other distro put lib into /usr/lib64/

It may very well be possible that this has to be added.
How are these things handled on 64bit systems ?
Are there additionally to the /lib, /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib directories
also /lib64, /usr/lib64 and /usr/local/lib64 directories ? Are the libraries
located there generally preferred over the ones in the "old" directories ?

In the case you need these paths added to the library search path, you can for
now set the environment variable CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH (not cmake variable, a
normal environment variable). There is also the equivalent for headers,
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH .

Bye