invitation: try compiling kdelibs using cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Jan 29 14:43:34 CET 2006

Hi Winfried,

On Sunday 29 January 2006 14:01, Winfried wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is related to the cmake build system, but even though
> I have the following prefix in kdelibs CMakeCache.txt:
>
> //Install path prefix, prepended onto install directories.
> CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/kde4/kde4
>
> after make install, /home/kde4/kde4/bin/kde-config --prefix still
> returns /opt/kde4.
> This results in the following error when configuring kdebase:

It's everytime the same, as soon as other people start using something, the
little things which have been done quickly instead of correctly start popping
up... ;-)

It's fixed, /opt/kde4 was hardcoded, now it is set to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

Why do you need QtXml for kdecore ? Where is it used ? It works without QtXml
on Slackware, FreeBSD, Debian and OS X.

Bye