qmake generator for cmake?

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 03:59:04 CET 2006

On 1/28/06, William A. Hoffman <billlist at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> So, I have a question.   When you say you want to create a framework.
> Will the framework consist of on shared library or a group of them?

A basic framework is just a shared library, any needed headers, libraries,
and resources.  So, yes, it could be either one or a group.

One of the nice things about frameworks, btw,
is their ability to be versioned.  Generally, all the shared libs, headers,
etc... goes in a directory like this:

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

Then you have links from the

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/

directory to the current version.  Since mach-o embeds the library path
into executables, if you like with a framework, then it gets upgraded, you'll
still dynamically access the correct library as long as its versioned path
stays the same.

It is possible to combine frameworks into "umbrella frameworks" but
the only ones of those I know are system frameworks.

I consider myself a fair c++ hacker.  I could take a look at the cmake
code too.  So, where should we be looking? :-)

Cheers,
Tanner Lovelace

--
Tanner Lovelace