qmake generator for cmake?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Jan 28 19:04:27 CET 2006

On Saturday 28 January 2006 18:30, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Has anyone tried making a qmake generator for cmake?  One thing that
> gives us is automatic handling of differences in libraries and
> binaries on Mac OS X, eg, we can have it generate frameworks and
> app-bundles (and I assume there are similar bits for Windows as well).

If cmake isn't able to do this, it's a missing feature of cmake, I'd say. This
topic came up already several times on the cmake list, but I didn't follow
closely. Maybe you find something in the mailing list archive and
there is already a solution. If not maybe this could be done via cmake
scripts ? AFAIK frameworks are "just" a special directory structure. Maybe
this can be done via add_custom_command(TARGET ... POST_BUILD ) or
set_target_properties( POST_INSTALL_SCRIPT ...)

Bye