invitation: try compiling kdelibs using cmake

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 23:24:51 CET 2006

On 1/27/06, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:

> Can you please commit these changes to svn ?

done.

Ran into another issue while building stuff, it should probably be
handled at the cmake level itself, but for now I'm definining it in
flags in the FindKDE4.cmake...

First, does cmake have an equivalent to libtool's -no-undefined?  ie,
kde has some places where they can say, in the LDFLAGS for a target,
"this library should build without any missing or indirect symbols".

Second, I would like to set some options based on the OS version; for
example, the apple linker behaves differently depending on the
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable.  I'd like to set it
based on the OS (ie, if you're building on 10.2.9, set it to 10.2, if
you're building on 10.3.2, set it to 10.3, etc.) and then depending on
that number, also add options to the LDFLAGS like "-undefined
dynamic_lookup" or "-flat_namespace" and so on.  I tried:

  SET(ENV{MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET} 10.3)

...just as a stopgap for now, but it didn't seem to take effect during
the linker stage, it still complained that I was using options that
are not available for 10.1 (the default when the env var isn't set).