KDE/kdelibs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Jan 22 21:43:54 CET 2006

Hi,

On Sunday 22 January 2006 21:26, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> On 1/22/06, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> > SVN commit 501129 by neundorf:
> >
> > kdelibs/ compile now with cmake (except khtml/ due to kxmlcore and gcc
> > 3.2) on my machine I'll do some more finetuning, so:
> >
> > PLEASE DONT TRY TO COMPILE THIS YET, I'LL LET YOU KNOW
>
> I always did have a problem following instructions. :-)
> * The three changes to the kdelibs cmake files are
> 1. Add find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED) to the start of the top CMakeLists.txt
> file (otherwise cmake fails on not finding qt4_generate_moc and
> qt4_add_resources)

Ok, added this to FindKDE4.cmake, committed.

> 2. In ConfigureChecks.cmake, I added /usr/X11R6/lib as
> another directory to be searched for ICE_LIB.  Ben Reed, however, mentioned
> that this may be not necessary since dcop should include it's own version
> of ice which would probably
>    be preferrable over the X11 version since the OS X port shouldn't
> be using X11.

It seems thsi test was unnecessary, I removed it.

> 3. In kded/CMakeLists.txt I commented out kbuildimageiofactory.cpp as a
> source file since for some reason I don't seem to have it in my subversion
> checkout.

Yes, I found out the same while trying to build current kdelibs/ (mine was one
week old). Right now I'm compiling kdelibs on FreeBSD and I'll commit the
required changes later today. I guess with these changes building it on Mac
OSX will be easier.

> * I did also modify FindQt4.cmake to surround the find_package(x11) with
>   (UNIX AND NOT APPLE) instead of just (UNIX) since OS X is unix but Qt
>   doesn't depend on X11 there.
>
> * The problem with Qt as OS X frameworks appears to be one of include
> files. OS X frameworks combine library files and header files and when
> including them you include the framework name as the first part of the path
> in the include statement like this:
>
> #include <QtCore/qstring.h>

The support for frameworks is still quite new in cmake, it might still have
bugs. If you think you found one, send a mail with a simple testcase to this
list, or to cmake at cmake.org or add a bug report at http://www.cmake.org/Bug

Bye